This song really explains who we transwomen are in our transition. Such a beautiful song.
Someday I know I will be complete too.
I'm not a girl, not yet a woman
I used to think
I had the answers to everything
Mm but now I know
That life doesn't always go my way. yeah
Feels like I'm caught in the middle
That's when I realize
I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman
All I need is time
A moment that is mine
While I'm in between
I'm not a girl
There is no need to protect me
Its time that i
Learned to face up to this on my own
Ive seen so much more than you know now
So don't tell me to shut my eyes
I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman
All I need is time
A moment that is mine
While I'm in between
I'm not a girl
But if you look at me closely
You will see it in my eyes
This girl will always find her way
I'm not a girl
I'm not a girl don't tell me what to believe
Not yet a woman
I'm just trying to find the woman in me, yeah
All I need is time
Whoa, all I need is time...
A moment that is mine
... that's mine
While I'm in between
I'm not a girl
Not yet a woman
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I am not a girl
Labels: Intersex, m2f, male, mtf, transgender, transsexual, woman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
This really is beautiful, especially in this context. It must be incredibly difficult, and even more confusing at times, but I love how you look at the change so poetically. I know nothing could make it easy, but does it make it easier to be able to turn to songs like this one?
There are beautiful souls in this Universe and yours is one I've come to care much for. You are a shining light in this world that can be so dark sometimes, and I am proud to "know" you.
alan
Usually I don't use music to explain who I am or how I came to be. I use words to emphasize what it is like to be Intersex.
All over the world there are men seeking help to be women, I never knew or may have been blind that this could be possible because I thought I was the only one. Imagine wondering why you were different than your brothers or friends.
I sat and thought about my world and the changes it will be when I transition from partial man to woman, I have touched many lives because of the things I done for people.
I am a teacher to children, I have taught them on how to use the their computer, the internet and what to avoid out there.
The price for that service is their smiling faces and their safety. I also build computers and donate them to senior citizens, also teach them how to use it for e-mail or web cam to their grandchildren.
Again the price, just a hand shake or a hug.
I have completed many things in my life, I have written poetry and won many awards for it.
I am in the process of writing two books, one while serving in the navy and the other my growing up as a boy in a girls mind.
Try to imagine waking up and finding yourself in a body that isn’t yours, I never played sports because I was to frail but I wanted to be a cheerleader but I was afraid to ask. I loved sleepovers and cooking compared to football or basketball.
Each night I think I will write my thoughts in this blog, it helps me because I am expressing myself to you all.
Trying to understand where I am and where I will be one day. So please be patient, and this caterpillar will be a butterfly very soon.
Oh then she won't need music to explain who she thought she wasn't.
Post a Comment