Sunday, October 26, 2008

This lady is absolutly gorgeous



I remember I lived on her for 6 years, being away from home wasn't as bad as some may think. It was after the incident in 87 that I wanted to not return but I had to stick it out fight the demons, that transition was tough but here I am. I just wanted to share the location of where I lived with all my readers.

I served with honor and am very proud of who I became.

http://www.navysite.de/cvn/cv61.htm scroll down the page and you will see the city I lived in, she was absolutely beautiful and I now miss her so very much, she sits in Washington state as a museum.

4 Comments:

Lori D said...

Wow, 6 years no Shauna time, stuck with a bunch of men. I don't think I would have been able to handle it! Glad you served with honor.

Teresa said...

I was lucky in my Navy service to not be put on one of those but spent my three years active duty stateside at a Naval Air Station. I could get away from it all when I was otherwise coming apart at the seams. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and after 27 tears I can actually remember some good times but I really am amazed I survived the experience.

alan said...

After my WestPac aboard the Kittyhawk, my squadron (HS-4) transferred to the Ranger, and I made an EastPac shakedown aboard her.

I'm glad the museum is coming together to save her from the scrapper...I fear for the Kittyhawk, as almost everybody who wants one has one at this point.

alan

Shauna said...

Lori,
Shauna never left she has always been with me. As I had said prior, Shawn was the captain but she was the one who made a fair amount of the decisions.
There is a small percent of men that are pigs, all they care about is themselves. Had I surfaced as Shauna a few things would have happen, I may of disappeared off the side of the ship. I would have been killed in my sleep, or as you said a bunch of men - would have taken turns on Shauna.

Nope, Shawn was always present no matter what and when the day came for my departure, 5400 men gave me the largest going away party which lasted 3 days. I will always love those guys for treating me good all those years and touring so many countries with me ( 33 places in all). I just wish the incident in October 87 never happened or better yet, had my godson's father there that night and it wouldn't have.