Electrolysis is especially useful for people with light skin and grey hair.
Hair is desirable only when it grows in the right places. When it does not we look for treatments to be rid of the unwanted hair. Growth of unwanted hair has been linked to both hereditary factors and hormonal imbalances - such as when hair grows around a woman's upper lip or chin.
The electrolytic method of removal of unwanted hair is nearly a century old and works on most of the body parts, including the face, the thighs, the abdomen, the breasts and the legs.
The aesthetician inserts a sterile needle into every hair follicle. A low-level electrical current kills the follicle which feels just as it sounds. Because electrolysis focuses on one hair at a time, it can be a tedious process, which makes it ideal for small areas like the brows, upper lip and chin.
The pain from electrolysis is greater than laser and it may feel like 20 pricks to your one for laser hair removal. Cost is about $60 for a typical 30-minute session, but the con is you need about 15-30 visits to see the best results (ouch!)
After my first hour and a half, ( I was booked for 2 hours) I couldn't take it any longer. I thought if I had ran my face on a brick wall as hard as I could, it would probably hurt less. And just imagine I was going to have my bikini area done too, yikes!
I can honestly say that it works, I have plucked hair between my eye brows for 10 years and it just keeps coming back. So I had it permanently removed by my girl Kelly, (second Electrolysis Technician) she is the sweetest lady who could pluck the hair with electrolysis and make you feel great too. My face is completely hair free finally and now it is one less worry of this stupid testosterone that has decided to join my old male self after all these years and is working in my body. The estrogen is fighting it but the follicles are making their way to the top somehow, so with the help of Kelly, Inc that will stop.
Electrolysis
_________________________________________________________________________
Let us look at how dumb the male side of me is OK? I slapped down hundreds of dollars at a American Laser Centers for a package deal that promised to soothe my skin.
Well, not exactly soothe -- at least at first. While the technician promised me that the sensation was "like a rubber band snapping the skin," it felt more like having my neck spattered with hot grease. (Unluckily for me, the neck and upper lip are one of the most sensitive parts of the body.) A smell of burning hair and flesh would fill the room as I tried rather unsuccessfully to imagine myself on a shopping spree for the eight minutes required to complete the process.
Following the treatment, I would suffer about a day of charred skin, flushed crimson as if it had suffered the worst kind of sunburn. Then, over the course of the next two or three weeks, as the hair died, the follicles would become even worse, until my neck was covered in red marks. Then, to my horror, however, the hair never fell out and die, leaving me with a rough and bumpy neck. (the hair would fall out and die, leaving me with a smooth neck and a pain-free life) Well that was what was told to me by the nurse.
To my surprise the hair never came out, I was left with a rather bad sunburn and they wanted me to return, so being the dumb person I am "I said sure OK". As she applied that nasty cold goop on my skin, I clench my teeth together and waited for the bacon fat splatters again and the tears rolled down my cheeks. I am not ashamed of crying, when something painful makes the tears roll out of my eyes it is time to stop the torture.
I left that office in tears which I seriously cried for 20 minutes in my truck asking myself "why?" and I canceled the contract. I would rather get my sun burn laying nude on a beach somewhere enjoying myself with an umbrella in my drink.
The best candidate for hair removal is someone who has light skin and dark hair. This is because the lasers are attracted to melanin, or pigment. If the skin is pale, only the darkness of the hair will absorb the laser's energy, creating heat that essentially burns the hair to death. If the skin is dark, or if the hair and skin are both light, the laser will diffuse into the skin and possibly cause burning, discoloration or other unpleasant results.
Fortunately, if your skin is darker, newer lasers have recently hit the market that may treat you as well. One technology combines light energy with a bipolar radio frequency. The machines can sense if the light will damage the skin, and will compensate by increasing the radio waves, which are attracted to the heat in the laser-warmed hair. However, darker-skinned people, or those looking to remove light or gray hair, will still require more treatmentslaser treatment
_________________________________________________________________________
This is one thing I tried and never, never did it again. Applied hot wax which wasn't bad actually felt quite nice, then applied the paper cloth to the area and ripped the hair out and cried for ten minutes, the tears just came naturally. Jesus, ripped hair from the skin and it bleed too but it was smooth for 3 weeks in that one area. No I didn't do it anymore, why? I'd rather have a bus hit me it would be less painful. Shaving the bikini area is no big deal to me.
Waxing
With all the methods of removing hair, Electrolysis even though it is uncomfortable at times is the only permanent method I know that works.
I for one thought (Duh) that electrolysis was the worse, but with this laser I will need to keep going back to be splattered with that cold gel which then have the tech make my skin hurt for a couple of days and never see my hair leave.
So there you have it the fine methods of permanent hair removal, just to let you know. Unlike laser and pulsed lights, electrolysis kills every follicle the aesthetician treats. Waxing returns like a bad marriage. Who needs it, not me.

1 Comments:
You have one heck of a blog, made my story small :)
Each method I tried and then some I didn't mention but I wanted to get the point across. Thank you for reading my blog.
Shauna
Really liked your site
Post a Comment