Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Friends, family and the holidays

The hardest thing to swallow about my being a transgender is, this will be my fifth year being single for the holidays, it isn't that bad because the children of past girlfriends used to make me pull my hair out from the aggravation which they would cause when they didn't listen. I'd rather be alone and happy than to be miserable and with someone.

So the holidays is upon us again, as a transsexual I will be celebrating the traditional holiday with family but with my other family it is called Transgiving.

Every year I get invited to everyone's homes, this year was the same and now that I am "Shauna" it is better and I love it. I am who I am, whether it is my male side or female side we are the same, though Shauna is gorgeous to me anyhow:)

As I clean the kitchen tonight for the ham, to be placed in my oven and vegetables on my stove on Thursday, my mom is preparing the turkey and dressings in her kitchen. Also I will be baking a cake or two for the family. I do enjoy the baking in the family, it is something I am really good at and everyone seems to enjoy my creations. Though when I do cook no one ever turns down what I prepare. Someday I will make a good wife for someone :)

I have much to be thankful for this year. I have wonderful friends on here that watch over me and many whom never met me but also care. I would like to mention a few with much love; Lee Rose, Veronique, Tina, Luke, Gillian, Nikki, Lori, Dana, Alan, Eric (need you always) Dee, Abby and cute Tuuli1, with so many others.
Without all of you worrying about me where would I be. Many nights sitting up writing while in pain, since I can not sleep why waste a good blog I always say.

I love helping others, it has always been that way since I was young and in return I have a wealth of friendships which I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world really. Money can not buy the people I love the most. It is a gift I think, helping others is like a passion of mine. To see the smile or hear the warmth in their voice yes I believe I am rich.

So I am well and kicking, my heart beats long and louder than ever, my friendships are all unique and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. As I sit down and give thanks, I give it to all my readers and friends. Without all of you, I may not have been celebrating this holiday because of you all, you gave me my strength.

Happy Thanksgiving and Transgiving

5 Comments:

Gillian said...

Bless you and keep you, dear. I'm thankful that you are with us.

Lori D said...

I'm thankful you are here as well and you are striving to make the world a better place while making your own flesh a bit more comfortable to live in. Keep going girl! ;)

Abby said...

Shauna, Thanks for who you are and all that you do.

Véro B said...

Sorry for singleness, hon, but nice that you can get together with family -- especially when good food is involved! Have a great Thanksgiving, and thank you for your generosity. Earning your wings indeed!

Shauna said...

When will I ever learn not to read my comment section, I put on eye makeup, thank you for the tears girls and the streaks ;)
You all are the best and you know it, I am here to prove it to you that's all.

*Hugs and Kisses*