Sunday, September 7, 2008

How will work take it.

Being different is a big thing for me, maybe that is why I didn't say anything for so long.

I was out shopping for pants, men pants but they are needed since I haven't come out yet at work and until I am fully sure they will be understanding of my situation will I be able to express who I am and besides without my legal name change it will be difficult to prove myself. I do plan on coming out to them, my employer is all for gender expression and has no quips or discrimination which will help me transitioning.
With my being on the road and able to fulfill the clients need I am hoping no one will be uncomfortable with my being Shauna full time.
I really do not like purchasing clothes for my male self anymore, it is costly and why? Why must I do this if I am female too.
I so look forward to dress outfits or pants outfits to wear, this waiting game is too much to and I have to WAIT till everything is perfect.

Oh well another whinny day as usual.

3 Comments:

Lori D said...

Hi, Shauna, you touched on such a sensitive point for many of us. We just want to be able to do this quickly, especially at work. Patience is key, even if we think we're running out of time.
Thanks for following my blog, btw. My latest podcast (uploading even as I type) discusses workplace transition. It may benefit you. Blessings, Lori

Shauna said...

Oh Lori your welcome we girls need to stick together. I have been doing so much of this for so long and look at me now I am still doing it.
One day I will look back on this and whew, no more of that for me.
I love your blogs sweety, they are great.

Shauna
xxoo

Lori D said...

I'm all about making connections with the right people in our community. The more we support each other the bigger the web of love and caring we create for others who need it. Keep up the blogging, I'll keep reading!