Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am proud of it

Often I catch myself wondering the what if's, the would of, could of, should of, in a world that wasn't ready for a person as myself. Transitioning wasn't an option because the world I live in has severe prejudice and I didn't wish to be hurt, so I opt to wait it out. I started purchasing my shoes in 2000, my divorce was final and I could pursue my female self. Now mind you I wouldn't step out til 2008 but learning of who I am and why this happen to me was extremely important.
Clothing wouldn't be an option since I always bought bigger clothes to hide my feminine frame and my chest wasn't exactly male. I may have a leg up on my girl friends who are transgender but all in all we are women there isn't a race to get where we should be, I for one am taking my time.

I discovered something while talking with girl friends that was male side often pops up in our conversations, this is the need to be heard which I believe is the reason I have been in hiding again. The depression is so overwhelming I can not move for fear of a break down. Thankfully I sought help and am much better. The damn ghosts come back when I least expect them too.

As a woman, I for one have achieved my level of satisfaction, that saying that my emotional status is up to par. Physically my body has changed over the course of 36 years but more importantly I have a nice chest development. I lost complete control of sexual responses back in 97, yes it is not used for that no longer but I don't think about and there are other ways to make yourself feel good.

As I prepare my day of errands a thought comes to mind; if you are feeling bad or down about your transition,don't, it takes time and really you have a life time ahead of you so enjoy it while you can.




6 Comments:

alan said...

Love the video!

Love the laughter!

You said you don't know why you are laughing, yet I know there are times I do because if I don't laugh at myself or my life I'll be in tears...

Behind you on the wall there is a clock. That clock holds more of the answers to life than most of us ever figure out!

Because like the pendulum swinging back and forth beneath it's face, life is constantly in motion as well, between "happiness" and "sadness". It's pendulum is never going to stop; it's never going to swing further to one side than the other; it's never going to stop on one side or the other and for every nanosecond it spends on one side it will spend one on the other as well!

I'm paraphrasing someone else there...a girl who most likely saved my life when she wrote her memoir and spoke of the thousands of dollars she'd have saved on therapy in the 40's and 50's had she only figured that out first. Her name was Hedy Lamarr. Almost forgotten except as a Mel Brooks joke, she was a true gem!

As are you!

alan

Shauna said...

Thank you Alan, you have brighten my day like you always do, *hugz*

Debbie K said...

Discovering the truth about ourselves is a lifetime's work, but it is so worth the effort. I had been feeling quite down about my transition recently & lost all perspective. Thank you for reminding me to appreciate just how lucky I am. May your journey be a very Happy one.

Queers United said...

good for you for speaking out via vlog

Shauna said...

People often ask why I have made a Vlog after all the writing I have completed. I want people to see what someone has to go through to correct what god didn't. I am so happy to be me, no one will ever take that away from me.

So enjoy your journey, because frankly I am enjoying mine. :-)

Chloe Prince said...

Congrats on stopping smoking hon!