Why is it such a big deal of coming out?
I am my own person that would love the support of family and friends but if they aren't in tune then I will look like some type of fagot that wishes to wear womens clothes.
Coming out to my step mother was the hardest things I have ever done, the cold stone look she gave me was the type of look that makes people stay in the closet.
I will never forget it nor what she said when she did it. Why can't you just be gay, I don't want you parading around my work with your dress on.
??? What, have I already done this?
For over thirty five years I have worn female clothes, no one said a thing, even my ex's never said one word. Every pair of jeans, tops and underwear are female.
I made the bold statement, I am out of the closet and I am perceived as a fairy wearing womens clothes.
Who are you to judge me?
I am the same person you knew a minute ago yet the wrapper changed so that changed me?
I will tell you, it doesn't matter what you say or how you judge me. I am happy to be alive and where I can make the decision to make things right no matter the costs or who's heart I break.
It took almost a year for my stepmother to accept me, I would have cared less because I don't live my life for others.
Accept me for who I am not how I dress, or what I look like. I am a human, a person with deep feelings for others, listening is what I do best because I do care.
Everyday since I was eleven I have struggled with not being 100% female, 78% doesn't cut it because now as I sit typing this out I try to make things right. Some say I am lucky to be female inside, that it makes it easier to transition but they are so wrong. I have to be watched over medically for many diseases that women face.
Transitioning is the same for all of us, some have the funding which makes it easier, others are like me where a little goes a long way but all in all, we are the same.
So don't let others judge you because you are who you are, lets face it, everyone is different because they just are. My stepmother has struggled with her weight since I was 12 years old, she has the body of a pear but I don't make remarks about her and believe me I could come up with some really great fat jokes.
Just live your lives the way you intended to, and if someone snickers or makes remarks, ignore them.
Life is too short to hide someone so sweet.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Whats the Big Deal?
Labels: afraid, coming out, family, female, friendship, gay, Gender identity disorder, happiness, haters, transitioning, women
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
just be yourself.. no need to care about others judgment about who you are.
sometimes if you pretend to be someone that is not the real you just because you afraid of what others might say, it will be a burden for you..
We seem to have been on similar paths but I have jet to do that final scary "well what the heck did you think was going on" statement but I feel it has to be fairly soon.
If anyone finds it too much they are not worthy of being friends, simple.
Caroline xxx
My mother acted in a similar way, and it must be said that, in my opinion, those who have been opposed to my transition have, at the very core, been more worried about how transition affects them or how they will be perceived, having a family member/friend that is trans.
I don't know... maybe I'm way off base, but that's the impression I've had from so many.
Wonderful post and wise words you've shared, Shauna! Though not always easy to do, being who I am has always been the best thing for me.
Post a Comment