Sunday, December 13, 2009

Love to all my friends this holiday


It is here again, what you may be asking, well Christmas and the joy of giving or taking whichever you look at it.

My stepmother called me this morning to let me know she is shopping, god how I miss going into the stores and trying on things that I want to purchase. I know I could walk into the stores and do that now not working and all but that would be like a child left in a candy store with no money and everything out of reach.

So she also wanted to tell me that she bought the grab bag present for my contribution this year, ten dollars which I can afford but that will have to do since I have no income.

For entertainment last night I played Tiger woods golf with my friend Greg and looked at dresses and shoes online, teasing myself of the wants and wishes that I could have if I were working.

So Christmas will be spent at my sisters house I believe, I love getting together with my family. I really am looking forward to the time I am completely a woman and spend it with my family not just a partial woman as I have been for these last 48 years.

One Christmas my brother and his wife bought me a barbie doll, they used it as a joke because she was dark skin like an Asian, I have a thing for Asian women, but the ironic gesture was so heartfelt that I looked at it as my first Barbie doll and I loved it and them for giving it to me.

I loved growing up with my brothers and all the trouble we would get into just because we had nothing to do, though Christmas time we were on our best behaviors hoping to get the presents we had sought, I as a child would have loved dolls instead of trucks or a dress or two. Being different is something I have gotten used to over these years, so when Christmas approaches now I hope for Visa, Victoria Secret, Khols or some cash card so I could buy my dresses for myself.

Silly huh?

Well that is how I look at things, I love the holidays with friends and family there is nothing that can replace that in me. My friends and family are very supportive of my changes and the love is so strong. Why would I want to change that really?

So for this year I want to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and hope that it is as happy as mine. Also that you all find love and support from family and friends.
I love all of you truly and you all make me so very happy that I am alive to share my life and journey with you.


Dear Santa,
May I get a sweater dress for Christmas please, that is all I am asking for since I know I have shoes that match and all the accessories a girl can have.

5 Comments:

Lucie G said...

A merry christmas to you and your family. x

Amy K. said...

I don't think it's silly at all to want to buy some nice dresses. I've been wishing that myself. Sigh... someday, right?

Merry Christmas, Shauna. :)

Véro B said...

I hope Santa brings you both a dress and a job so you can buy even more! At any rate, I hope you have a lovely family Christmas.

Gillian said...

Merry Christmas, Sweetie.
"Next year all our troubles will be out of sight.."
Jill

Calie said...

Merry Christmas, Shauna, and I hope you get that sweater dress, girl (and a job, too, as Veronique says)!

Calie xxx