
The news media is playing some thing regarding cigarettes making children into homosexuals, now really what does that have to do with smoking?
"Smoking" campaigns have always tried to get someone to light up and be addicted to nicotine as alot of you know and then you have the "No Smoking" campaigns that describe what smoking does to your body.
You have a doctor or a movie star promoting a cigarette do you think it is good for you? Does it influence you to become a doctor? I think not but then why do they make ads like this?
Through the years I have stopped, one time for 5 years only to jump back into it for who knows the reason I just did. It isn't the easiest habit to stop and I don't care to hear "if you want to stop you will" because that is BS.
Willing and addiction are two different things, I was addicted to cocaine for two years, waiting for my next line was something I did every couple days and I walked away from it one day. I stopped snorting that drug and it was really easy.
Smoking on the other hand wasn't as easy, the cravings for something that taste god awful and made your clothes, hair, skin and your home smell dirty. Also declines your health, make it harder to breathe or exercise. It played a key part of my life, coffee in the morning, after eating and driving down the road, also on the computer I would smoke and not even know I had lit up. Now you may say something like change your habits, HOW? I had to eat & drive.
Smoking doesn't make you a fag, homo, gay or anything in that description, it shows that you are addicted to nicotine and need help in getting it out of your system.
After reviewing that ad I was pissed because people in general are so inclined to blame sex on anything in order to influence a child into thinking differently about people themselves. Make haters out of children so they don't smoke.
Well the next time you light up a cigarette and your puffing away, the child next to you will think that you are gay because you smoke.
Is that why I am a lesbian?
Sunday, October 18, 2009
How crazy is that?
Labels: addiction, bad ads, children, cigarettes, gay, haters, homosexual, lesbian, nicotine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
I smoked almost a half pack of cigarettes when I was 18. I wanted to get addicted to see if I had the willpower to stop. (You can see now that I've always been a bit odd.) Anyway, I couldn't stand the smell and the way it irritated my eyes... I had contact lenses. So the experiment was aborted.
I'm a lesbian and a transsexual. Two out of four on the LGBT acronym. I haven't smoked since then, and I acually loathe smoking and everything about it.
So I've never heard such nonsense in all my life.
:)
I'm pretty sure that "campaign" is a spoof from The Onion, sis. Not an actual campaign by the CDC. I know the gummint has done some silly things, but I don't think this is one of them.
I started smoking when I worked at a restaurant when I was 16 and realized you could get an unscheduled break if you had a smoke. Can't remember when I quit the first time, but it was in my late 20s, I think. After several years, amazingly, I started again when I was in London in my late 30s. But I quit for good over 12 years ago. I kept trying to quit until it finally worked.
Post a Comment