Saturday, July 13, 2013

Your damn right I am different too bad live with it



I wrote a piece on my life to help explain why I am unique to others, to my knowledge there is two of us in the entire world that we know of because we spoke up not to be special but to understand why we are this way. The medical world stated that 1 in every 2500 babies are born in this way each with their own chromosomes mine is a 47 XXY one particular test is to run a needle into the gonad and slice off a piece to examine. I have been under every microscope in the country, a science project for the medical field because they aren't educated enough to know how far in advance the body actually is.



I consider myself an outlaw of genders, settling as female after many years as both. Hiding under my watchful eye learning what I can to blend in and just be myself as a person. So I will share with you the piece I wrote for real life and the world.



Your damn right I am different too bad live with it

July 12, 2013 at 5:35pm



I'm aware that posting this will leave me open to all sorts of comments, but I just felt it needed to be said for my own needs. ^_^



Some of you know about me. I'm a woman with 47 XXY karyotype (sex chromosomes). I'm intersex from this as well as the fact I have one ovary and one ovotestis.



This means I have a menstrual cycle, or some form of one, that occurs once a month, sometimes twice depending on the number of days. This also means I make estrogen constantly; however, not in an exorbitant amount. But it's certainly enough to give me feminine features, they are just overshadowed by some masculine ones (i.e. penis).



In case anyone cannot follow what I'm saying down to my DNA I am male and female. I do not deny any part of me and I accept my body the way it is.



Now let me explain my gender, as I've been confronted a few times about it and have actually been threatened because my "views don't make sense." 



My gender is feminine outlaw. The key is in both words. Please stop leaving "feminine" out of it because you think I'm not female. I'll reiterate - I am male and female, 47 XXY. Outlaw may mean I don't have a named gender, or at least one no one has found yet to describe me, but please stop saying my femininity is unimportant simply because you don't feel I can possibly identify as female since I'm not only female. Not everyone is male or female.



I don't identify with my sex, so my femininity IS there, and IS plausible. I have non-functioning testicular tissue. I was born sterile so I can not reproduce no matter how many doctors I see. My female part is a blind vagina generally what happens the female do not have outer part of vagina and uterus with ovaries n tube but the cervix and vagina is not fully constructed and what I refer to as genderless because the only thing feminine about me is my body and all of my mind. I'll say it again- I am both sexes and I have chose one or the other to make someone comfortable.



I can't make anyone understand exactly, as the only people who probably can are also intersex or my physician, but please don't just assume that everyone is male or female, and that just because you can't tell right off what they are (sex-wise or gender-wise) that they even fit into the binary system. And by all means do not not think I am a cross dresser.



I use the term "outlaw" because I do not have one of your genders. My gender is not man, woman, androgyne, neutrois, etc. There is no word to describe my "particular" gender. I use the term "feminine" because if I had a choice of sexes to pick, I would've picked female. However, like I said I'm fine with who and what I am and I identify as that.



Currently there are no words to really describe the intersex experience, so this is the best way I can describe my own. I just ask that people maybe be open minded (since I'm not the only one out there) and if you give it time and enough of a read-through, what I am and why I say that's what I am will make sense.



I didn't choose what I was born as, but I've accepted it and I identify with it. In real life all I tell people is I am intersex, and if they want to know my gender I tell them it's feminine. If I'm asked, "Does that mean you want to be a woman?" I answer simply. "Yes, that was taken from me and I deserve to be who I am “



INTERSEX

0 Comments: