A friend of mine posted a video that describes people hurting from today's unemployment situation and made me realize I am somewhat like them.
No I am not living on the streets with my hand out looking for relief. I am looking for work whether it is the IT field or pushing a broom, it really doesn't matter as long as I can pay my bills. I have a brother who stands on the corner with a sign asking for help, how he could do this is beyond me. We were taught never to ask for charity yet he too is out of work.
I came up with an idea that will change my life as well as many others when I get back on my feet, I will open a savings account and donate $20.00 from every paycheck to this savings for the homeless here in the United States. I can not see such a free country hurting as I do, this reminds me of the depression that my mother used to tell me about when I was little. So in order for me to continue in life as the person that I am, I will start this as soon as I am able. Maybe it may help others and maybe not, but at least I am someone who cares for all man kind.
My transition came to a halt 4 months ago, all funds for it ran dry so now all I can do is pray that something comes my way. This isn't going to be a long post just wanted all of you to know I haven't given up, as long as I am able to wake up each and every morning I have the desire to live. So I will keep you posted and hopefully one day I will be excited enough to say I am working again.
Love you all....
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Just a friendly hello
Labels: health, homeless, transitioning, unemployment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
You're a truly wonderful and generous person, Shauna. I wish you the best of luck in your job search. I hope you find a good one, and soon! :)
I was thinking of you just the other day. Glad to hear you are still alive and kicking. Hope you find a job real soon.
The fact that you maintain a positive attitude is inspiring. Now I hope the Goddess comes through with a reward for all your patience!
What a wonderful person you are, Shauna, but please also think of yourself, once you do get a job (and you will). At this point, completing your transition, and earning the funds to pay for it, should be your number one goal. Then, set out to help others.
I've just started following you and am glad I found you! I love your positive attitude that I find I may sometimes lack.
Good luck to you!
Post a Comment